Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Hey everyone! Another great week as a missionary out in Stafford, VA! Haha gotta love the missionary life! This week was great! I had to say goodbye to my companion which was super sad:( She was awesome and I really just learned so much from her. She had a way of making you laugh even when you were sad. It takes a special kind of person to do that! Im so grateful that I got to be her companion. But now I have a new companion and guess what?? Her name is Hermana Rodriguez. She is awesome and super spiritual and she wants to work hard! Yay! I am so blessed that I have been able to have such good companions throughout my mission. Honestly they are like all my best friends! I love it:)

This week we saw many miracles. We were walking out from a disappointing lesson to say the least and we saw  this boy playing with a soccer ball and we felt like we should talk to him. Turns out he is 14 and just moved from Mexico. We taught him the Restauracion and he really opened up to us. He told us that kids at his school make fun of him because his accent and that he doesn't know English perfectly yet(kids are dumb....) and how he doesn't have that many friends. It made me so sad, I just wanted to hug him right there and then. We had an awesome discussion and we were talking about prophets and he was like you know that doesn't make sense, why would God call prophets during the time of the bible and not for us today. And we told him that there is a prophet today. It just made sense to him and he said he is going to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. So many people say that to us and don't actually do it but with him you could just tell that he was going to!!!

It was so lovely talking to my beautiful family for Mother's day! Being out here has made me appreciate even more the things that they have done for me. I love them, they are seriously the most hilarious, kind-hearted, friendly, thoughtful people in the whole world and they are all my best friends. I love them.

Great week. I love life and I love being a missionary! God is so good to me.


Love,
Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment