Monday, August 1, 2016

HOLAAAAAAA!!

This week has been great!! Absolutely wonderful and full of miracles but that beginning was a little stressful.... The beginning of this week I was super nervous and feeling super inadequate I have been really impressed and gained such a testimony on how much Heavenly Father cares about each and everyone of His children, me included:) He will help you with your weaknesses and strengthen them. "I give unto men weaknesses that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I have learned so much about who I am this week and especially who I can become with the help of God. We have so much potential we just have to work toward it and rely on God.

This week we found a ton of really cool people, a lot of tracting in Hispanic Heaven haha! But we had a lot of success! We were walking along the road and we saw this guy outside watering  his lawn and we started talking to him.  A little while later his wife came out. We ended up teaching them the Restoration and they seemed super interested! Definitely one of the familys that you hear about that are so prepared. They are so open and are looking for a church! I already love them! We are teaching them tomorrow!

And then later that day we went and tried one of our potential investigator friends named Silvia! She is really funny and awesome and has two little girls! We didn't have a ton of time to teach them so we decided just to talk a little bit about Christ and show the video, Gracias a El!! Its such an amazing video and if you have never seen it watch it! So anyway I showed them that video and that was just one of the "wow I'm a missionary" moments. That video already has such power and then I was looking at this mom sitting next to me with these two precious little girls snuggled up to her and I was just thankful. Thankful that I have this opportunity to share this message of hope with the people here, thankful that I know this is true, thankful that I have something to believe in and love enough to give a year and a half of my life to it, and especially thankful for everything my Savior did for me. I'm not a perfect missionary sadly or a perfect person but with His help I know I can get a little bit closer everyday.

But anyway after the lesson it started raining a little bit and this cute little girl insisted that we take her umbrella with us(also popcorn, ahh i died!! so cute!) But anyway we were thinking that we didn't really need it because it was only sprinkling but we took it anyway because the girl was just so cute. 5 seconds later(not kidding) IT STARTED POURING AND THUNDERING!! Haha sorry that was dramatic..... Haha so start walking to where we thought out car was but guess what?? It wasnt there!! We had been walking around and tracting for like two hours in between when we parked and when we left the house so we(me) lost track of where the car was. Anways long story kinda shorter so for about 15 minutes there were two missionaries walking around a huge trailer park in ankle deep water(that is not an exaggeration), sharing a pink ruffly umbrella, and  eating a bag of popcorn. We found the car eventually and we laughed about it but needless to say we are grateful for this little girl and that she was worthy to feel the promptings of the spirit and help two little missionaries out:) My poor greenie... I told her these types of things are just bound to happen when you hang around Hermana Stewart haha.....

Another really cool experience we had was with a less active. We have been trying to get into contact with her for a long time but just haven't been able to so we knocked on her door randomly one night and she was home! She let us in and we started to get to know her and teach her, she told us that she hasn't been to church because her husband isn't a member and her little girl likes to sleep late. Later on in the lesson my comp, Hermana Valentine had the prompting to read 1 Nephi 3:7 with her. She started crying in the middle and could barely finish the scripture. We asked her what she was feeling. She said with tear-filled eyes "I feel like I am making up excuses why I'm not taking my daughter to church." That was a really powerful moment for me and one of those moments where Heavenly Father gave me a glimpse of how He feels for this daughter of His. I felt such love for her and now she is beginning to get her self back on the right track.

I wish I could share more of the stories, big and little, that happen every week but don't want to give you a novel. I love you all though and am so grateful for all the examples I have had in my life that have got me to this point. Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment