Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hello!

This week was amazing! We had transfers and guess who I am with....??? The one and only Hermana Stacey!!! Ahh I'm soooo excited she was my MTC comp and I just love her and am so excited to be with her. It's going to be a wonderful transfer.

I just want to tell one quick story with a family that we taught this week. So we first found this family about a month ago and we just talked to the son who had just barely moved from Guatemala a few weeks before over the next month we hadn't really been able to get into contact with them because they were moving and other crazy stuff was going on. But we didn't give up on them because we felt a good spirit about them and something different. We were finally able to set up an appointment and we taught them last night. They talked about our persistence(haha) and that they were surprised that we hadn't given up. They also talked about how the couple(they come from two different religious backgrounds) but now that they are starting their life together they are looking for something and they were saying how they think God is answering them through us. They talked about how they felt something different with us that prompted them to invite us back. They are very excited and are feeling the spirit very strongly (even if they don't know what it is). I love seeing the spirit work through us and that we really can radiate the light of Christ and that people really do see it.

Something I have been thinking about are the importance of goals. I really love goals and I think that they are something that can really make or break our lives.
“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make
a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”
–Elder M. Russell Ballard
So he talked about how are goals should be short, a few powerful words that mean a lot to us. This week my one and only goals is "speak like Christ" It is a goal that means a lot to me. I am grateful for an apostle of the Lord who through revelation is helping us set and achieve more worthy goals.

Love,

Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment